Current Job Openings
Special Programs Leader at Acorn Farmers’ Market & Café
Acorn Farmers’ Market & Cafe has temporary position to optimize e-commerce business and to promote sales for low income customers. This position is part of the team that will start-up the full-time operation at the new location.
Roles and Responsibilities.
• Optimize the online ordering and web hosting software
• Develop a CSA type program for customers
• Prepare online orders for customer pick up and registering orders in Acorn’s POS system • Develop and implement a marketing strategy to increase SNAP sales ten-fold in 6 months • Register Acorn Farmers’ Market & Café for additional food assistance • Work with the Community Resource Center on best ways to serve food pantry clients
Experience and skills
• Extreme attention to detail is a must for this position (errors are very problematic) • Must have excellent skills with computer programs and previous experience with online shopping and/or web hosting software is highly desired
• Understanding the value and opportunity of CSA for customers and local farmers • Passion for customers with food insecurity and willingness to seek advice on how best to promote SNAP and assist food pantry clients
• Excellent communication skills
• Marketing talents
• Experience and desire to work as part of a team is important to coordinate store operations with individuals managing consignment sales and café sales.
This is a grant funded position at Acorn Farmers’ Market & Café with a set budget. Funding is available for about 6 months. Hours per week will likely be 30-40 hours per week. Ideal start date is early to mid December 2020 for training (local and in Ann Arbor) to be prepare for store opening mid January 2021. Hourly rate will be based on experience to execute the goals of this position.
Please submit cover letter, resume and two letters of reference or names and contact information for references to email@example.com by Nov. 20, 2020.